Pages

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Not enough hours in the day.....

There are times (more often than not) that I think there just aren't enough hours in the day.  This week has been very busy workwise and I was looking forward to a quieter weekend.  Unfortunately this wasn't to be. Number two son arrived home on leave. He will be off for his first tour of Afghanistan in two weeks. Like so many parents across the UK today, my daughter returned to Uni to start her second year.  For all of you who have delivered your precious children to Uni for the first time, I remember the feeling of trepidation oh so well, but they will settle and they won't starve and they will learn how to operate the washing machine.  You will see a completely different young person when they return home. 
Fortunately as I tend to read at night I have managed to complete 'The Reason I Jump' and a favorite of mine 'The Secret Life of Bees.'
On the crafting front I am very pleased with myself and also very proud.  I am still very much a novice when it comes to crochet.  I can make granny squares and granny square blankets but I wouldn't be able to follow a pattern the way I can a knitting pattern.  But like all things the more you practice the more accomplished you become.  Last week I showed you the wool I had bought to start a new project.  Well here we are my very first cushion cover in crochet.  


It is double sided and I have to say I am extremely pleased and as proud as punch. It's 22" and is made from Sirdar Country Style 4 ply.  The colours are Silver Cloud 434, Parchment 404, Camel 392 and Cream 411.  I have now started on a second cushion cover.  They are part of my secret to be revealed in November.

Speaking of which I have spent many hours this weekend cutting back my Buddleia, I know it may be a little early and I have tried to leave some for any butterflies who are still visiting the garden, but in order to make way for my secret it had to be done.  And from past experience they will grow back and possibly even bigger and better than this year. 




And lastly having had steak and ale pie for dinner followed by a leisurely bath I am now sat relaxing finishing off this post with a glass of wine and chocolates to hand waiting patiently for the clock to strike nine when of course


Downton Abbey will return to our screens.  How will poor Mary cope with the loss of her beloved Matthew, and will Tom ever cope with life at Downton without Sybil and will Edith ever find the love she deserves. 

And of course I will have a little crafting on the go whilst watching if I can concentrate. 

Hope you all have a good week.....


M

No comments:

Post a Comment